Monday, October 15, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness

 Our BBTB2 sweet design team sister Brenda has asked us to pay honor to Breast Cancer Awareness month for October.    I purchased the Pink Expression a few months ago and with that came the Pink Journey cartridge so I chose to use that for most of my design.  I designed a box that I call "Box of Hopes"...I have so many cherished friends who have battled this horrid disease and I am so glad that many of them have won their battle...Just after my father passed away in 1984, my step mom had a double mastectomy.  She passed away in 2001 but it was from other afflictions.... Inside the box I have cut many words significant to anyone who has battled Breast Cancer.  Believe, Hope, Dream.  The box has a clear cover so that the words inside can show.  I decorated the top of the box with two sizes of Nestie dies, added a corner decoration from Cheery Lynn Designs (oh wow are these great) and I added the PINK RIBBON with a Cheery Lynn butterfly.,  Pink and white pearls have been added.  The 4 sides of the box are decorated as well.  Three sides say HOPE, while the front of the box has the two love doves.  All of the additions to the box have been embossed.

 We hope you will join us on this challenge to support Breast Cancer Awareness month.... just follow our simple rules.  I know you will get a lot of inspiration when you see the wonderful projects our team has offered to you in this challenge.  Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Monday and have a wonderful week.

12 comments:

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Omgoodness, I love this little box..How sweet:)Krista

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Omgoodness, I love this little box..How sweet:)Krista

Anonymous said...

Carole, how wonderful. A box of hope. This is just beautiful.

Jeri said...

Oh my word, Carole, what an awesome project. I can most certainly tell you how much receiving this would mean to anyone going through the breast cancer journey. It would be so encouraging to see all those words and all that pink.

Brenda said...

Oh Carole I love this idea of a box full of hope! This is just beautiful my friend!! What an encouraging gift this would be!

1CardCreator said...

Both beautiful and thoughtful Carole, the box and thought are equally beautiful.

Susan Edwards said...

Carole I love your box of hope.... what a wonderful idea. Hugs to you,
Susan

DonnaMundinger said...

Such a beautiful and meaningful project, Carole! so inspiring! xxD

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, beautiful idea, Carole!

Sandi said...

oh Carole I love your project, the colors n design, the whole gorgeous thing, hugs

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What a wonderful idea! Love this. Keeping this in my file for future reference. The cuts are stunning.

Jayne said...

What a beautiful box of hope and encouragement Carole.
Jayne x