Monday, October 29, 2012

BBTB2/Halloween is here...

Susan is our hostess this week at BBTB2.... she asked us to design a project featuring a witch, and we could use any cartridge.  

I had a hard time with this one....seems like I have been having a mojo issue lately.  I am getting ready to do 2 craft shows in October and November.  I haven't done shows in many years but these two shows will give me the opportunity to get some of my stash of fabric projects and paper projects out of the house.   That accounts for the switch in mindset to sewing instead of making cards.  

I did several witchy cards and I didn't like any of them for the challenge.  I can use them, certainly, by sharing them with friends on the Halloween mailings I do.  Finally a little idea of a design crept into my head and here it is.  I cut the big moon out of New Arrival.  The different size witches are  cut from Happy Hauntings, the featured Witchy chick  is done in several colors of paper while the other "gals" are flyin' by in silhouette.  The little frame that features the sentiment "Girls night out" is also from Happy Hauntings.    
On Halloween night, can't you imagine the night sky filled with flying witchies, out for a night of witchery, mayhem and spooky fun. The blue stars are cut from a Sizzix die. Inside it says simply "Happy Halloween".  I like the end result.  At last I can relax now.


Thanks for visiting.   Consider joining us on our Witchy challenge.  Follow our simple rules and link up your new project.  Have a wonderful week.

14 comments:

Sandi said...

cool cool card Miss Carole and you managed to hold on to all that marvelous mojo, in spite of the bug you have been battling, hope you are feeling better, hugs

Migdalia said...

WOW!!This is Awesome!!Love it!

Brenda said...

Your card does not lack any mojo my friend, it is awesome! I love the moon and the witch fly by!! Great papers too! I hope that you are feeling better and I wish you all the luck with your craft shows! Hugs!!

Glenda said...

Great little scene! I do not see any lack of mojo! Hope you are feeling better soon!
Glenda

DonnaMundinger said...

Let's go GF, we need a night out! Love, love, LOVE this Carole! Will talk to you in a few. Hope you're feeling a bit better. xxD

Susan Edwards said...

Carole your card made me laugh out loud! Love the Girls Night Out - just too funny. Great card, as always!! I especially like your moon as contrast being the "girls". This is just great.

xx Susan

Caroline said...

I absolutely love your card and that saying is just the best! Fabulous card!

Caroline

Jayne said...

Love,love,love your card!Looks like a girl's night out to me! Lol!
Hope you feel lots better and how exciting 2 shows!
Jayne x

Jeri said...

Love the witch in front of the moon. Laughed out loud at your sentiment.

Anonymous said...

Carole, love the sentiment. Your great witch has me hearing the witch from The Wizard of Oz laughing. Love her and her witchy friends.

mickeydee said...

You definitely got your mojo back. This card is so fun. I love the theme of it. So cute!

shelly said...

what a fun card i love the sentiment :) youre sooo creative!

1CardCreator said...

Great card Carole perfect sentiment too!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love your adorable creation. The yellow moon and purple really make everything pop. Way to go!