Tuesday, August 11, 2009

DCRUS Tuesday Challenge Day

Today is Tuesday Challenge at DCRU and you have to check out the designer's projects to see the fun cards featuring "layers".  This was the challenge.  Make a project using die cuts, papers, embellishments, ribbons...just so there are layers.  Check out the store here to see all of the wonderful tools you would need to make such darling cards.
Here is my card:
The base paper is Nana's Papers for Little Boy, the sentiment is Sizzlits.  I used two Nestie scalloped ovals and ran them through the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Swiss Dots. The scallop edging is a Martha Stewart doily punch.  The sweet little blue birds are from Cricut's Wild Card cartridge and to Mama Bird I added a sweet white ribbon.  

Join the challenge.   Make a card featuring layers.  Leave a comment on the design team blog and a link to your card.  See the DT blog for all the details. 

13 comments:

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

What a sweet lil card! I love all of the details you put into it!
Very cute! :*)

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

CAROLE, I think your card is adorable. Love those little birds. The look like they were made to cooridinate with your pp. Great job!

Smiles!
Gwen

Unknown said...

Carole, the little birds are so sweet! I love the way you did the embossing on them too. PS I sent you an email, I hope you get it.
~Diane(DCRU DT) <(*<*)>

Cara said...

Carole, I love the little birdies! Fabulous card!
Cara - DCRU DT

Amber said...

What an adorable card Carole. Love the little birds, the MS punch, and the Swiss Dots! Just beautiful:) Your card made me smile!
Hugs
Amber

1CardCreator said...

I just love your style Carole! After I see one of your cards I just want to go out and buy it all! I love the sweet little birdies embossed with the swiss dots, and the MS punch is now on my wish list also! Beautiful card!
~Diane (DCRU DT) <(*<*)>

DonnaMundinger said...

This card really is the sweetest Carole! Adorable paper and those bordies are the cutest! xxD

Regina Easter said...

what a sweet card carole...hugs

Kelly said...

What a sweet card Carole. Love that background paper! You really put a lot of thought into this one. Have a great day!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Your card is simply adorable Carole!

GiuliaG. said...

Oh this card is so nice. I love the little birds..soooo cute! and, you are right...sooo sweet!

Here's my entry for the challenge

http://www.scrapellasblog.blogspot.com

Joy said...

I commented about this card on the MB, but its soo sweet, I had to tell you agian, how adorable it is!! xoxox Joy

Enfys said...

Love all the detail in this card, and your use of the embossing folder is inspired!
hugs
En x