Monday, June 17, 2013

Journal Journal, Write it Down...

Recently a cherished high school friend asked if would do some handmade journals for her grandchildren.  Time past I would have hauled out my wonderful Zutter Binding Machine, the wire binders and create a totally handmade journal.  Now I use those premade black and white school journals.  Add some paper (6-1/2x9-3/4) on the front, back and inside cover, toss on a few embellishments  and a pretty cute journal is ready. 
This one was for Aliyah who someday wants to be a Florist. 
 Ari is a good student, she helps out with meals and she loves to read.
 Caleb loves to read, and he plays the piano and guitar.
 Josh wants to be a pilot.
Simple stuff but fun to make.  Today I put away all of the paper crafts for now and I headed to the sewing machines.  In July I go down to Tucson for the annual Card Over and I need to make some gifties.
Thanks for stopping in.  Have a wonderful week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carole I love these journals. Each one is so cute. I just might "lift" this idea. TFS.

Sandi said...

nothing like an altered composition book, and of course yours are divine Miss C, love each one, hugs

DonnaMundinger said...

These are so fabulously personal, Carole. What great gifts. I'm sure the kids will just love them. You're the greatest friend. xxD

Brenda said...

These are beautiful journals Carole! I love the personal touch you gave each one for each child!! I'm sure your friends grandkids will love these!! Hugs!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful journals Carole, they will love these! ~Diane

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Great idea to use the composition books! I like how you made these to fit each of their personalities. Hope your Sumer is off to a great start! Crazy as ever here at my house...