Monday, September 05, 2011

BBTB2/Rock Princess/Dripping Heart

I have a wee bit of news to tell you this Monday morning. This will be my last post as a designer for Bitten By The Bug2. I have been on the design team for BBTB/BBTB2 since October 2007 and I have loved every single challenge over the years. I loved creating with the selected design, I loved the month end blog hops. I have met so many wonderful visitors and bloggers who came to see my cards...and I truly cherished every single comment left by each visitor. As you can imagine, as a designer we thrive on the sweet visits and comments. But now it is time for me to take a break from the design team so I can pay attention to a few other things in my life.

With that said, Heather is the hostess this week on BBTB2 and she asked the designers to use the Rock Princess cartridge and to design with the Dripping Heart design. If we didn't have that cartridge, we could select something that has a similar design. I used Home Accents and I snapped up that wonderful butterfly cut on that cartridge. I love this cut....it is delightfully artsy. Be sure and join in on the challenge. Remember you don't have to have Rock Princess and you can make a new card using a cut that is similar to the Dripping Heart.

Here is sort of a side view of the layers involved in the butterfly. I cut the larger butterfly at about 4-1/2 inches, and then the next 3 layers were cut 1/2 or 1/4 smaller. Each layer has been embossed with Swiss Dots which gave a better final result. I added some jewels for bling cuz every butterfly has gotta have some bling. The butterfly sits on 3 Nestie layers, and the rubber stamped sentiment "Cherish" is a layer beneath an open slot.



A full view of the Butterfly.


TFL, I hope you will come back and see me just for my cards. I will still be on the design team for Regina's The Cutting Cafe for the current term, and I will add cards that I make along the way. I just finished another round of "Card Frenzy" so I will upload those a little later this week.


11 comments:

**Treefrog** said...

OMGoodness NOOOOOO! I will so miss you Carole! You are the most inspiring and positive person I've ever met! I sure hope to keep in touch with you, you have always been so nice and helpful when I joined BBTB2, Thank You for being YOU! I know you will still pop in here and there, and I'll be looking forward to seeing you! On that note I just have to say what a great card for a parting post! Love that cart and I have to agree it is a work of Art! Love all the layers and the colors are just so Pretty with a touch of Bling! Good luck on your future endeavers and keep in touch!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Maria said...

Last Post!!!!!! I had to stop what I was doing and comment NOW! I am so sad to hear this Carole. I look forward to what you do with our challenges every week. I hope you can still come and play sometimes and I want you to know that you will be GREATLY missed...Maria
PS: Of course I forgot to mention that your project, as usual, this week is fabulous and very fitting....

DonnaMundinger said...

You KNOW how I feel about this so I'll ignore it and it might just go away. LOL But of course you can't get rid of me so... You also know how much you'll be missed at BBTB2. You were my very first inspiration on the Cricut MB and remain a source of support, friendship and delight. LOVE your gorgeous card! The sentiment is perfect because I will always cherish you. xxD

Anonymous said...

Well, it will never be the same without you! Your cards are more often than not what inspired me to play along. I would see it and say "OMG, I have to do this challenge!". And you are always one of the first designers to jump over to my blog and leave me such great comments. The whole thing makes me sad. :(
This news won't, however, change anything when it comes to visiting your blog. I will be here forever and ever. Amen!
And what a great bang you are going out with!!!! LOVE this beautiful butterfly. LOVE IT!
I feel like we should have a party or something. LOL!
We're off to the movies. I'll email ya when we get back.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Beautiful card! Love all the layers and details on this.

I'm sorry to hear you are stepping down, I will miss posting and hopping along with you!
I will be by to visit with you!

A Little Time said...

Awww, Carole. This is gorgeous!! The layers, the colors, the embossing...all perfect!! Thank you for all your dedicated years with us. You will be missed for sure. HUGS!!

Annette said...

Sorry to see you go. I have always admired your work on the Cricut MB and at BBB2. Hopefully you will continue to pop in now and again. Your card is so pretty:)

flowerdisco said...

carole, i rarely got to meet you but i do love your work :)
good luck and my best wishes to you.
the butterfly is beautiful and it does have the dripping look on those flourishes---.
hugs!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh dear Carole, I will surely miss your lovely creations! You have such an eye for detail and I truly admire that! I look forward to seeing what you will be creating in the future! This card is beautiful! That butterfly looks amazing!

Kathlene said...

Sad news, Carole but I understand time restraints and all...you will certainly be missed. Thank heavens we'll still be able to glean inspiration from your beautiful work here. Your gorgeous butterfly card is just a show stopper...all that embossing and attention to detail makes this card a true treasure. I actually got out of the house last week and made a trip to Michael's...don't get out much because I can't leave my Mom alone, and I was so excited you'd have thought I was visiting the Taj Mahal! LOL That's my life, but one day we'll get together--we live so close. xoxo

1CardCreator said...

So sad to see you leave BBTB2 , so sad for their loss. You are an awesome designer with a wonderful following, I am sure it will not affect you at all. This butterfly looks awesome!