Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spring Cards

Many of us got emails from one of the companies that sell Cricut carts and this offer had a free Your Story if you bought a cartridge. I have a Your Story and I love it, but I have a friend who pays big money for little digital scrapbooks so I thought how great it would be if she had a machine that could do a few for her.
I bought Cindy Loo and April Showers. Once everything arrived I could not wait to get those carts into play. I had some 12x12 sheets of printed cardstock that had the words "spring" across the center. I cut the pages down so that I could fold them in such a way that the panel of words would end up on the edge. I was able to make 4 cards....and since I used the printed papers for the cards, the inside is a lovely robin's egg blue.
Cindy Loo has darling images and so does April Showers....and on the AS cart I went right to that sweet little birdie in a cage. I thought about making a blue bird but the birdie just sort of disappeared into the paper. I did the first cut at 2 inches, using green paper. The second cut was yellow. The overlay for the bird was yellow and I did some distressing with yellow chalk inks for a little definition. I added a little punch daisy and leaf, and on one card I added a sentiment from April Showers. I had already cut some garden boots in blue with a pink overlay so I added those on two of the cards. Quick and easy cards and they will make a cute gift pack.
I LOVE the alphabet section of Cindy Loo.. I have most of the alpha carts and I really like each one ...I find that I mostly use Mickey Mouse Font or Don Juan for my letterings but now I have a new fave.... Cindy Loo. I had extra sets of photos from the County Fair and my blue ribbon quilt as well as a set of photos taken of the Porch Cat, Tabby... Just for giggles I got my Your Story up and running. I bound the two sets in the little 4x6 binders. The titles are the darling Cindy Loo cuts. Thanks for taking a peek at my fun little last minute projects.

I

6 comments:

Creative Hayes Creations said...

How kind of you to think of your friend..im sure she will enjoy it.. I have one i got very cheap and haven't opened it yet,lol..I really need to check out to see what i can do with it. Those cards are really nice..i do alot of paper crafting but not been making cards, will have to start doing some so i can get a stash,lol.

DonnaMundinger said...

You are always such a Sweetie to your friends, Carole! Yeah, I'm another one of those who bought the Your Story Cheap and haven't opened it (like 3/4 of the stuff I have alying around here. Those little books look so professional. Maybe I'll go dig mine out. And the cards are as Springy as can be! Great projects! xxD

Sharon said...

I don't have a Your Story. Just never wanted one. I love the little books you made with yours! The cards are just wonderful! So Springy! :)

A Little Time said...

These are so cute, Carole!

1CardCreator said...

Love the cards and books Carole! So sweet of you to think of your friend, you are always doing something sweet like that. ~Diane

Sandi said...

Carole, these are just the sweetest, enjoy the Your Story. Hugs