Monday, October 04, 2010

BBTB/Hand


This week's challenge at BBTB2 is Reader's Choice. The cartridge selected is Graphically Speaking and the cut is the pointing finger. I don't have that cartridge but I was able to find the pointing finger cut on page 46 of Don Juan so here's my card


It's a congrats card that says "Way to go" on the inside. The outside sentiment of "cheer" is a small portion of a rubber stamp that has just about every sentiment available. The entire card was cut from Don Juan except for the inside sentiment which is page 67 of Basic George.



Here's an FYI just cuz....! Did you know that you can do a search of all cuts on Cricut Search?
I do my cards ahead of time and if I don't keep them laying around with a note on the card where the cuts came from, I am always dashing back to my studio to hunt down the cartridge I used.
Cricut Search is fantastic. I put in the keyword and up comes all of the cartridges that have that cut on it. I love this site. If you don't know about it, you can see it here.
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have an absolutely fantastic week.

13 comments:

Sandi said...

oh what a fun playful card, love those stripes and the embossing. Hugs

Anonymous said...

Carole, that is SO COOL! Love the use of the hands and the colors on the horizontal striped paper are SO PRETTY! Love the design of the card!

1CardCreator said...

Love this one Carole, so cleverly constructed with the pointer! The dp is always gorgeous, you know that's the first thing I always notice on your cards because you have such perfect choices! Have a great week! ~Diane

GiuliaG. said...

Great great great job! Truly an inspiration to us all!

**Treefrog** said...

What a fun card this is, love the colors (I think I have some of that paper from awhile ago, hee hee) and Yes I've tried that new Cricut search and have it on my fav bar on my computer.
((Hugs)) Theresa

A Little Time said...

Love the colors in this, Carole!! I also really like how it opens.

One of the reasons I bought the gypsy was so I could have that search function. *sigh*

Blue6366 said...

Great job on this week's challenge. Love the papers you used on this one.

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, this is sooo cute, Carole! LOVE the colors and patterns! FABULOUS! Thanks for the heads up on Cricut search. the search on DS is ridiculous! xxD

Cara said...

Neat card, Carole!!! And love the Cricut Search site...TFS! I added it to my bookmarks :o)

Judy said...

Great, Great card.

I just love Cricut Search. My daughter told me about it a couple of weeks ago and it sure makes creating easier when looking for a specific image.

Joanna said...

Awesome card, I just love all the embossing! :)

Jeri said...

Super interpretation for the pointing hand. Love what you did with your design.

Kathlene said...

Beautiful paper choices and very clever card design. Great work, and thanks for the link to cricut search--great resource. TFS.