Monday, October 11, 2010

BBTB2/Happy Hauntings/House

Hello Monday and hello sweet visitors. Time for our BBTB2 challenge of the week. This was without a doubt one of the most difficult challenges I've done. Susan is our hostess and she selected one of the Haunted Houses from the Happy Hauntings cart. I don't have that cartridge but I found some 3D houses on Winter Woodland. Oh wow, said I, and I tackled the first one. Flop. Threw it away. Tackled 2 more and they were bigger disappointments so I almost just gave up. Dedication is the key to creating one of these 3D houses, and of course dexterity. I hate to cop out but I have arthritis in both hands and fingers and those tiny little score requirements for windows and shutters and doors just were a big challenge. But generally I am like a Junk Yard Dog on a big quest and I decided not to give up and keep on scoring, folding, gluing and hoping for some sort of decent end to it all. And this is it...! It's simple, and after I had taken the photographs (about 5 attempts just for that) I thought I should have added a witch or bat to the moon, and I should have added a darker sky, some lurking dark clouds........life is full of shoulda shoulda stuff and I just left it as is. I have seen some of the absolutely fantastic designs from the gals on this house and mine needs to be in the far back maybe as a haunted garage or something. (grin).... Anyway, thanks for taking a peek. I so appreciate your visit. I hope you have stopped by via the BBTB2 site here.

Recipe:
Cricut: Winter Woodland (house)
PDDU (Cat, Tree, Bat, Moon)
Sizzix: Ghosties, Bat


17 comments:

D said...

Thanks for getting back to me :) I love your haunted house!!!

Sandi said...

this is absolutely the cutest bat retreat I have ever seen, great take on the challenge. Hugs

1CardCreator said...

This is adorable and sooo worth the effort! I love the details, your cat is a sweetie with a personality, and the ghosts, tree, and moon are equally adorable. The house is a hit, it is all so well done! ~Diane

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

What a very cool design. Great layers and dimension.

Smiles!
Gwen

Regina Easter said...

oh carole, isn't this adorable...i so love visiting your site and seeing all the wonderful things you do...love it...hugs

Judy said...

Great job with the challenge, Carole. I have the cartridge but do believe I am going to pass on this challenge...I'm lacking in both time and patience.

Susan Edwards said...

I do not want to hear one more disparaging word about your house; I LOVE IT. SERIOUS - LOVE IT!!! And your accessories are fabulous! It is SOOO cute and fun. I just makes me smile. You did a GREAT job; Thank you so much for participating!!

xx Susan

**Treefrog** said...

Carole I just love your Bat Cave, to to cute and your story just gave me a giggle. This house kinda scared me just trying to read the directions but now after seeing everyones (even your bat cave, lol) I may have to break down and try one. Love all your "Extra's" probably the best! So glad you were persistant!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Sharon Caudle said...

I think it's fantastic, Carole! You did a fantastic job! So I yell a resounding NO to your creation being put in the back! I love it!
hugs, Sharon

Scossie Jane said...

Carole, your wee Bat House is adorable - way too cute to be put at the back. I agree with your sentiments about putting one of these 3D images together - I haven't even attempted one yet - I'll just admire from the sidelines for the time being - might challenge myself after I get back from Scotland.... Watch this space, but don't hold your breath.....LOL Hugs xx

GiuliaG. said...

Carole, I love your little haunted house...the ghosts are sooooo darn cute. You did a great job with the challenge.

My Lil' Bits said...

I have to say... I just love your blog. You are so talented, I spent alot of time here today looking at all of your creations. Just lovely! Thanks for the inspiration.

A Little Time said...

I love this, Carole!! I love how you added little details like the ghosts and the cats. It's the best looking haunted garage ever. ;)

Joanna said...

This is a very cute spooky house! lol..love it! :)

Kathlene said...

Well I think it's ♥adorable♥ and sometimes cute is better than scary! Love your work, my friend.

"Um Buggin" said...

Carole, I just adore your little haunted ho~L~use bat cave. I really admire your persistence, I would have probably toss it and skipped the challenge. But you are so right, never give up, love that you in cooperate all the scenes in your special little house. Super cute Carole!

Hugz, xx

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so adorable!