Friday, January 18, 2013

Sewing Sewing Sewing

I never have been able to wear a sweatshirt....or a long sleeved heavy sweater, or a heavy coat.
I feel confined.  About 30 years ago my mom and dad gave me a sweatshirt and try as I might, I simply could not keep that on me for more than 5 minutes.  I decided to reconstruct the sweatshirt, so I made it into a jacket by cutting down the center and adding a placket.  For that creation, I added appliques in a southwest fabric and I put a lot of beading all over the areas where designs were sewn on.  I pulled that jacket out a few days ago (because of the recent 5 day cold snap we had) and I couldn't believe the attention that jacket drew.  So...... I decided to make a new one.   I bought a black sweatshirt and started my creation using the most gorgeous fabric evahhhhhhh.  I had purchased this fabric at a small fabric and yarn shop in Sun City West.  Had no idea what I was going to use it for but I knew I had to have it.  Out it came for this new jacket....and I am really happy with the end results.  I added some prairie points to give the creation some pizazz, and the pocket is a nice touch.   This tossed me into the blender for a wild sewing spree on making sweatshirt jackets.  So far, I've done 5, and I have 5 to go.  Having fun!.....  I like the different sweatshirt colors mixed with pretty fabrics and each creation has a different flair to it.  TFL....

5 comments:

Sandi said...

oh my oh my, look at this, just stunning it is ole girl, you have reinvented the sweatshirt in a most glorious way, hugs

Anonymous said...

Classic Sweatshirt, v.2.0 LOL!!! Only you would come up with something as creative as this! Unlike you, my dear friend, I LIVE in sweats!

1CardCreator said...

You are such a sweet and talented person Carole! This is gorgeous! ~Diane

shelly said...

wow! i wish i had a centimeter of your talent and creativity carole!

DonnaMundinger said...

Well, isn't this just adorable! Love the jacket idea. Much more feminine and the fabric you've chosen is gorgeous! xxD