Monday, January 07, 2013

BBTB2/Snowflake

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2013

We've arrived ...it's 2013.  Sometimes I reflect on those numbers representing the "now of it all" and I think back to 1959 when I was typing Mortgage Documents at the bank.  The 30 year maturity was 1989 and I could not wrap my mind around that time.  And look at us now.

Our very first 2013 challenge at BBTB2 is hosted by our lovely design team leader, Susan.  She has asked us to design with a snowflake.  There are quite a few snowflakes on cartridges but I selected the one from Christmas Cheer.  My card is 5x7, and I made the snowflake 4-1/2 inches in size.  Then I grabbed up my Martha Stewart Snowflake punches in 2 sizes and added a few more along with a jewel to bling it up. The snowflake has been embossed with the Snowflake embossing folder while the background mount is embossed with Swiss Dots (my preferred folder).  The sentiment is a clear stamp. 


Thanks for your visit... Please join in our Snowflake challenge.  Just follow our simple rules.  We love it when you share with us your creations.

12 comments:

Sandi said...

ooooooh, cool snowflake, love that blue, hugs

Jayne said...

Hi Carole,your card is so pretty. Love the soft colours and embossing.
Jayne x

Brenda said...

Oh Carole, I love this card! Love the snowflake you chose and love that you added some punched on to it. Look so great! Love the soft colors and love the embossing!

Susan Edwards said...

What a beautiful card, Carole! I love the soft look - subtle blue and white are sooo sweet together! Love that snowflake cute and your accents!! Thank for a wonderful first project of 2013!
Hugs, Susan

Anonymous said...

Carole this is so pretty. That's a gorgeous snowflake cut and those MS punches are perfect on it. Love the frosty blue background too.

mickeydee said...

This card is so pretty! I love the soft look and the layered snowflakes. I love that sentiment, it's perfect for the card.

DIANA L. said...

I love these colors for a snow falke so pretty love the design and everything about it.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Carole! Love all the texture!

DonnaMundinger said...

Definitely one of my all time fave flakes! Love the embossing and the blue and white looks so crisp and frosty. Love it! Happy New Year, Chickie! xxD

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the combo of the cricut cut and the snowflake punches. Really pretty. Such a gorgeous card.

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

This is super cute..I love the elegant look of the card, and the choice of colors r pretty..Krista

1CardCreator said...

Fabulous Carole and I cut that snowflake before and mine did not look this good! Has to be your artful layering and embossing. (Sorry I am so late getting by this week,) take care. ~Diane