Thursday, September 27, 2012

Card Kits/Slam dunk cards...

I am getting ready for a craft show in November, so I am organizing, sorting, packaging, pricing and yes even tossing some stashed piles and boxes.  I used to do 4 annual craft shows each year and then I just flat out ran out of steam for all of the required steps... I am destashing BIG TIME with all of the projects I've held onto for what reasons I have no clue...

First up I am doing my little dance called "slam dunk"...picking up this paper, grabbing that embellishment, stamping this sentiment and slam dunking a card together.  With this process it is absolutely amazing how many cards you can put together in a sort of assembly line process.  I had two little boy die cuts, cut long ago from my Sizzix dies.  I don't have the clothing die anymore because I sold 95% of my Sizzix die system.... so I drew some shirts and shorts for the two little guys, dressed them up with a cute button to boot and plopped them on papers and call these done done done.  In the same photo below, such an easy set of 4 cards by using some squares of pretty pattern papers, adding a MS punch flower on a Nestie embossed shape.  The sentiment is rubber stamped. 


 I had a package of 10 Mr & Mrs. cuts from one of the Cricut Sweethearts cartridge ... and I decided I could make some pretty note cards.  I had a pack of wonderful black and white cardstock so I used each of the patterns for the 10 cards.  I like the striking effect of the die cut on the black Nestie mounted on the larger Nestie in red.

This is one of the Wedding cards from a kit of 9.  I taught this class 4 times and eventually ended up with the 9 left over kits.  Each of the cards have a wee bit of different embellishments on the front in the way of ribbons or flowers.  


 This is the inside of the Congratulations card with the bride and groom featured as pop ups.  The bride and groom were created from Sizzie dies, the dress has been embossed and the little jacket and veil are cut on vellum.  Her dress and veil are embellished with a pretty little ribbon, I've added a white embossed heart from a punch and a rubber stamp "Love blooms here".  It's fun to open this card and have the little bride and groom pop up in view.

Another card class with a different color theme.  The bride and groom are applied to the inside of the base card while the sentiment is the pop up.  JOY is also a Sizzix cut.
 This is the front of the card.  The little silver packages with the gold ribbon are Sizzlits die cuts.  The hearts are Sizzix as well.  All sentiments have been rubber stamped.
Thanks for taking a peek at my slam dunk cards and the assembled kits.  Have a great day, my dear friends.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

pretty darn awesome for dunkin cards, lol, hugs

Anonymous said...

OMG, Carole! You are amazing! Slam dunk wham bam thank you m'am! I've tried your slam dunk style and let's just say I completely and utterly suck at it! No one can pull this off but you! That wedding card is freakin' ADORABLE!!!

Beedeebabee said...

Carole, you're a real card whiz! I can't believe you can throw cards together and have them look like this...it would take me hours and hours to get something half as nice!...I love the outfits you drew on those little boys! Such talent!!! xo