Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cards Cards Cards





I have been so wild with my retirement, bouncing from making cards, scrapbooking, beading, knitting, crocheting, and a LOT of embroidery work and sewing and it has been wonderful....but I've decided to allocate a schedule. I've decided that one week will be ALL card making, the next week ALL scrapbooking, the next week I will sew. That way at the end of each allocated week I should have a presentable lump of creations. Yesterday I did manage to sit and make some cards. The Spider's Halloween used the Cricut Paper Dolls Dress Up cart for the spider and the web. I added Stickles to the web, and the background paper is just left over from cutting out a bunch of black spiders to decorate. The card for It's Your day is a double pocket card with bookmark sentiments inserted. The card opens for written messages. I've used the Celebrations Cricut cart for the sentiment and balloons, and I added some Liquid Lacquer on the balloons. "My Guy" is a double pocket double sided paper and I've added buttons, fibers and a bead, with a little sewing here n' there. I have problems with guy cards, but this one worked, I think. I love the Anniversary card. It's a double pocket, double sided paper, but the card does not open Three sentiments are inserted, and I've added Cuttlebug embossing to the bookmarks, ribbon, ribbon roses, a big gold ribbon left over from a delightful package I received once, and finally two dangling hearts from the Squeeze Punches.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Carol, these are all wonderful. I especially like the Halloween card...too cute.

Kathy said...

Carole,

I would say you've had a very successful week! All the cards are great. The anniversary great is soooo beautiful. Your multi-faceted talent just amazes me.

hugs
Kathy