Sunday, January 06, 2008

I've Been Tagged

Holy Cow, I finally got tagged by my friend DeeDee. I am so happy. I've been watching everyone get tagged and felt so lonely and left out. But here I am.... and I will share 7 things about me. I have no idea though how in the world I will tag 7 others because anyone that I would choose to tag......DeeDee already did. Oh well, here goes.
1. I finally retired. But everyone already knows that because I've shouted it to anyone within ear shot/email distance.
I can't believe after 50 years of working, I am finally retired. I started in banking in 1957, worked in mortgage lending and trustee sales until retirement......I have so many plans.
2. I am single. I was married for almost 8 years and I've been divorced for 36 years. My son is 38. He is the light of my life along with his precious wife, Lee.
3. I knit and crochet a lot. I have about 14 projects I am working on. In addition to be an absolute paper addict, I love my yarns. I have tubs and tubs of yarns. The yarn stores love me too.
4. I love the rain. Not flooding rains, not thunderous booming rains, but gentle rains. I was born in Phoenix AZ so I guess the love of it would be a natural. We don't get much rain. I freakazoid when the lightning gets bad. My grandmother and my mother were the same way so I came by this naturally.
5. I used to be a great trustworthy cook. Now I make do. Thank heaven for Marie Calender.
6. I love making signs. I've been in shops and seen sloppy signs and I have been known to make a really first class sign and mail it to them anonymously. I always sneak back in too, to see if they have used it. And they usually do.
7. I am so proud of all the creative things I've been able to do in my life.r I started crafting when I was about 12 and I am 70, that gave me a lot of years to cover.
That's all folks. And now I do apologize because I had no one to tag. Next time perhaps.

2 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Interesting facts Carole! My oldest has a love for knitting and crocheting too. She usually has many projects going at once! Congratulations again on your retirement!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Again I want to wish you a hearty CONGRATS on your retirement!!! That has to feel so darned good!!! Way to go girl!! It was fun reading all your facts! And if you ever feel lonely, you just send me an email! I don't EVER want you to sit there and feel lonely and left out!!!!

big hugs
Sharon