Saturday, January 27, 2018

Humane Society Quilts For Dogs and Cats


It is my heart's delight to be able to sew.  It is my happy spot in life, sewing this n' that, sometimes just to sew up some pretty fabric, many times to sew something special for family or friends to make them smile, and many many times to sew up to donate.  I sew a lot for Lanette Veres, http://www.graymattersfoundation.org/, and I love to sew up little quilts for the dogs and cats at the local Humane Society.  I can use up scraps of fabric, and they do not care if the quilt is precise or fabric coordinated.  Here are some recent quilts for those fur babies.



More to come... I am working on five right now and hope to drop those off this coming week.  Concrete floors are cold, the kennels are distressing, it is heartbreaking for sweet pups and cats to wait patiently for a forever home.  Adopt.  Please adopt...!!!!! 

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Oh Carole, this is why I love you so much! Your caring heart is like no other. Your giving nature is like no other-you are just a special, special person my friend and I'm glad the world has you! This quilts are fabulous and just what the sweet pups and cats need because you are so right, the concrete is cold and they are in enough stress just being there. Your quilts will bring them some comfort for sure for they can snuggle up in these quilts that were lovely made by your sweet hands for them. You are wonderful! Love and hugs, Brenda