Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fabrics and Papers

First, paper stuff.... I am always lending my ear to something I can make to share with a person, a company, a worthy cause.  In the below photo, you will see some bookmarks.  These are made for the Pioneers' Cemetary Association.  This area in downtown Phoenix goes back to 1854, and is located in one of the old homes of a prominent pioneer family, the Smurthwaite Family.  Initially I offered up some tags (like the tombstone shown on the bookmark).  However, after some good thought of the matter, a bookmark will be a better memento of a visit to the building and area.

Can I just admit that I am truly addicted to making these fast n' easy Zipper pouches?.... I have a zipper purse that I make totally in my embroidery machine, size 5x7 and a dinky little coin purse 4x4 in size.  Here is a sampling of those creations.
Made at my sewing machine, these little zipper darlings are fast and easy and oh so much fun.  I can use up scraps of fabrics and each one is fun to make.




Ah totes.... Carole is the Tote Queen.  I love making them, and with each change of fabric, it is like making one for the first time.  These particular totes were padded, quilted, and made in the boxed corner process so there is a little more room to shove "stuff" into them.
That wraps up my fun for a few days.  Now onto other sewing.  You all have a nice day.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

So anyone who visits this building can pick up a bookmark?! I think this is a fabulous idea Carole! And I think your bookmarks look great. I also love all your sewed creations. These little zippered pouches come in handy, especially for the little things in one's purse that we don't want to have to dig for or have to empty the purse out to find! lol Ask me how I know! I also love your beautiful totes. You have a way with fabric Carole and I wish I lived closer to you because I would want you to teach me how to sew like you do! Hugs, Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hi, Carole. Your bookmarks are a fabulous idea. And they are there for everyone, totally special. As for your zipper pouches, I know first hand how handy they are. Use mine all the time. I used to sew a lot but I always hated putting in zippers. Never got the hand of it. Use the tote all the time too. (as well as steering wheel cover) Always makes me think of you. Thank you so much. Hope you've gotten your shoes by now and are walking better. Have a great week. (I know it will be productive)

1CardCreator said...

You have been busy again bringing the beauty of sewing to the world for sure! Love the little change purses, did not know they made zippers that small! Big hugs, ~Diane

Sandi said...

love your bookmarks kiddo, and those pouches are the cutest, have a great day, hugs