Saturday, February 28, 2015

More quilts for the homeless veterans in Prescott.  I love being able to sew up a quilt using snippets and scraps and end up with something that hopefully will keep a warrior warm. 
This quilt is a sort of log cabin design, just sewing strips onto strips as I sew around the center square. 

 This is the strip sewing method and it is amazing how quickly a quilt can be put together.  Sew and sew fold and sew, fold and sew and pretty soon, you have a nice big square quilt top.  Kuddos and many thanks to my friend Yvonne who takes the 3 layers and does the final longarm quilting on each quilt.

 Strips and strips, sew and sew.

 This was a fun quick quilt.  I had large enough scraps to use my Accu-Go and cut squares.

More strips.  Colorful end results. 


Thanks for taking a peek.  About March 11 I will wander into some card making.  Have a great day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These quilts are so bright and colorful, Carole. Each one is beautiful. I know each one will be so appreciated. You truly are an angel. Hope you got your new shoes and are walking better.
Have a great week.

Brenda said...

These quilts are so beautiful Carole! I love the fun and bright fabrics in each one!! I know these will keep a vet so nice and toasty and you are such a doll for doing these for them. Your giving heart is just amazing my friend and not only do you have a giving heart, you have a talented one as well! Hugs, Brenda

Sandi said...

what a wonderful way to be warm and beautiful too, huygs

1CardCreator said...

Those are beautiful, so good to see you share your beautiful talent with those in need. ~Diane