Monday, December 02, 2013

Another Sweatshirt Jacket

Altered Sweatshirt.
For those of you who follow me, you know how I love to take sweatshirts and make jackets.  I have never been able to wear a pull over sweater or sweatshirt because I feel confined.  Long long LONG ago my parents gave me a pretty sweatshirt and sweatpants and the only way I could wear the sweatshirt was to make a jacket out of it.  It was glorious.  I appliqued southwestern fabric designs, I beaded, I added dangles and sequins and wherever I wore this jacket, I got compliments.  So from then on I was on a roll to alter sweatshirts.  Here is my most recent.  A pretty turquoise in SM, with flowery fabrics on the prairie points and pocket.  And a tote to-boot with a felt yellow flower.   Hope you think it is as pretty as I do.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, Carole. Your projects always show so much love. I think you truly love each stitch. This is so bright and cheerful. Would make a great gift.

Sandi said...

Your rockin girl, love love your jackets, they are perfect for a day not chilly enough for a coat and elegant enough to wear any where, hugs

Susan Edwards said...

Carole, when did you sneak out this cute jacket? I totally missed this post.

This is such a great design... You are such a talented seamstress. Oh to have half of your talent... Sigh.

I thought of you when I purchased a Christmas throw size quilt. It has embroidery and fabric. I'll have to email you a photo. Now if it would just cool down here so that it might feel like Christmas... I am ready to ask the neighborhood home owner's assoc to reopen the pool!!!

Hugs, Susan

Susan Edwards said...

That is supposed to say the quilt has pretty fabric. Of course it has fabric! LOL.

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh, this is just darling, Carole! Fabulous colors. xxD

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous and love the matching tote too! You are just having a ball with your sewing, so glad for you! ~Diane