Sunday, October 27, 2013

In The Hoop Coasters

In The Hoop Coasters

I love to sew.  I have a new black and gold scrolled vintage-looking Singer sewing machine, I have a Singer Heavy Duty sewing machine, I have a Singer Serger... and I love them one and all.  I LOVE my Brother Innovis 2500D embroidery machine.  Notice I capitalized LOVE on this one.  I have drawers of embroidery design  CD's which delight me to no end, and I put those designs on flash drives so all it takes is to insert a flash drive in my embroidery machine, pick a design and go for it.  Ideas swirled around my head 24/7 for all-things-sewn.  Recently I have become absolutely smitten with "in the hoop" designs and if you saw my recent prior post of the little zipper purse or the cut coffee cozy, you can see why.  I make a lot of 'gifties' to share with friends and family, and that included making bright and colorful coasters.  Well now... even that project has been ever so simplified with an ITH design project.  I found this delight at GG Designs Embroidery here. 
This site has the cutest little designs of all kinds.  I selected, she sent the selection by email and I was off and running with all sorts of cute coasters.  And if you see my sewing items, you know that I love finding projects to use up the smallest of scraps.  Two 5x5 pieces of fabric will make a cute cute coaster. If you have an embroidery machine, take a peek.

Thanks for your visit.http://www.ggdesignsembroidery.com/

6 comments:

Sandi said...

you are just sewing up a storm, and all those wonderful patterns, love what you are doing my friend, hugs

Anonymous said...

You can tell you LOVE this with every project you make. (and they are always fabulous!)

Susan Edwards said...

These little coaster are wonderful, Carole. I think even I might be able to manage those, lol. You inspire me with your love of sewing, fabric, and design!
Hugs,
Susan

Jayne said...

Love your coasters Carole.
Jayne x

Melissa Mastandrea said...

You? Sew? Who knew? LOL! These are wonderful, Carole! I'll bet you just spin them out faster than it would take me to get my machine threaded. Sorry I've been such a slacker. It's been a really rough month....

1CardCreator said...

Great ideas, they look lovely. ~Diane