Monday, May 07, 2012

BBTB2/Frame

Before I begin with our challenge, I want to welcome our 7 new design team members.  You can see their names on the BBTB2.  We are so happy to have them designing for BBTB2. Our talented hostess this week is Melissa who asked us to design with a frame.  We can do a layout or a card and I selected not only a card but I did a sweet box with an open acetate covered lid.  I teach scrapbooking and have for about 12 years, I attend a monthly Creative Memories Scrapbooking group and have for about 12 years.  I have done at least 42 scrapbooks for my own photograph collections and I've been commissioned to do about 18 scrapbooks for others. I have had about 4 scrapbook layouts published in Ready Set Create magazine, and I always have a hard time getting a decent photograph of the layout page.  So.... It was an easy sway for me to go from a layout to the card and box creation. 

The box lid and bottom are cut at 6x6 and scored at 2-1/2 inches and 2-1/2 and 1/8 for the sides.  I cut my frame from Elegant Edges.  Oh my, I love this cartridge.  I was told about this wonderful cartridge by my sweet friend Pat who says it is easily one of her most favorite cartridges and my oh my you should see the wonderful cards this lady creates.  I embossed the frame, I added two MS butterflies in layers, added some pink pearls.  The sides of the lid are small panels cut with an EK Success edge punch, and I added some more Elegant Edges cuts in white. 

The card has a pink base, a white embossed mount that has been edge punched with the doily punch, I've added an embossed Nestie in pink, and a smaller Elegant Edges die cut.  I set a pretty white layered butterfly in the center. More pink pearls are scattered about.

I hope you will join our challenge.  Remember to follow our simple rules and once again, please disable word verification.  I am still encountering entries that do not have it disabled and I leave without telling how pleased I am they joined our challenge.  Be sure to use a Cricut die for a frame from any cartridge. list the cartridge, link your card up to Mr. Linky with a link back to your specific card on your blog and be sure to shout out that you have joined us on BBTB2.

18 comments:

Sandi said...

oh goody you're up, I could hardly wait to tell you, I LOVE that box and oh that sweet sweet butterfly, hugs

DonnaMundinger said...

What a glorious confection, Carole! I think perhaps you've done enough layouts in your day. LOL This is fabulous! xxD

Jeri said...

Beautiful creations, Carole. That box is gorgeous and someone will get a real treat receiving that!

Jayne said...

Beautiful box and card set Carole.
Jayne x

Brenda said...

Oh my what a beautiful card and box! I love the soft pretty colors and love the frame that you choose. Of course you don't make anything that I don't just love!!!

Anonymous said...

Carole, this is so gorgeous. So soft and feminine. Whoever gets this is so lucky. Thank you for letting me be a part of this talented team.
Stephanie

joann said...

I love this soft pink card and box. White and pink look so clean. I love Marthas butterfly with the pearls.It is beautiful. JoAnn

1CardCreator said...

Wow Carole this set looks so elegant! Love the soft colors and embossing. You always make it look so elegant with the embossing! ~Diane

Louise said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous x

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Carole your box and card are so beautiful. I love Elegant Edges and use it all the time. The pale pink and white are so pretty and feminine with the fancy cuts.

GiuliaG. said...

Such a lovely box....so soft and pretty.

Glenda said...

Beautiful card and box! Love the pink and white! Love your gorgeous details and embossing!
Glenda

Cheryl said...

Beautiful! I love the texture and butterflies.


~Cheryl~

Susan Edwards said...

Carole thisi s a beautiful set - WOW. I really like the frames and those adorable butterflies!!! You always create such fabulous projects!
Susan

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Carole this box and card set is adorable.I love the pink and white together it looks so fresh and pretty. I must invest in Elegant Edges it looks like such a versatile cartridge!
Hugs
Juliexx

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Very Pretty Project....

Penny

shelly said...

oooh this is so pretty carole i love the pink and white, the pearls,the butterflies..everything! happy mothers day :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Happy Mother's Day Carole! Such beautiful projects! So feminine looking! Right up my alley :)