Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

To all of my design team sisters, for all of my wonderful bloggy friends and to each follower who visits here...I wish you each a Merry Christmas and I pray that your new year will be healthy, happy and prosperous for each of you.
My son and daughter in law share my Thanksgiving, and they spend Christmas with her family in Connecticut. For 21 years I have always fixed a family recipe of my mother's called "Stacked Tacos" and this meal is shared with my Uncle Jack. For the first time in 21 years the tradition has been halted due to his passing on December 6. Tomorrow I will sew, and my day will be filled with memories to soothe my sad sad heart.
My Lorelie Lap Quilt is finally finished. I started this early last year but last week I finally picked up the blocks and created this small lap throw. It's a bright and cheery fabric with darling Lorelie designs that I toned down with black and white fabrics of all patterns. I love this little quilt....

Merry Christmas one and all...

2 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Your quilt is beautiful, I am so sorry for your sad heart. I pray for you to have peace.
Merry Christmas!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Carole, your quilt is just beautiful! The fabrics you picked are amazing. I thought about you often yesterday. I am so sorry for the end of your holiday tradition with your uncle. So difficult to lose a loved one during this time of year. Big hugs to you. xxxxxxD