Thursday, August 09, 2012

From that..to this...


 I think the entire bloggy world knows by now that I built on my dream Craft  room, and if you haven't seen those photos on my blog, please scroll down for a looksee.  I spent months dreaming about the room, and I looked at the most wonderful ideas but I kept it simple ...and it turned out wonderful.
Meantime... this photo above is the former craft room.  A jumbled up cache of 27 years of acquiring and reorganizing...in that order.  Even the purchase of something not very big would require a little reorg to find room. ... and this is only the workstation end of the room.
Now...to the right is a shot of the refurbished bedroom once all of the crafty things were moved to the closet (behind those mirrored doors) or to the new craft room closet.  I moved to that room only the things that I use more frequently, and this closet has the overflow.  I donated a LOT of things to friends who took some papers, rubber stamps, tools...and the rest was donated to Graymatters.org (my friend Lanette who has had 5 brain tumor surgeries and spearheads graymatters.org for brain tumor awareness) and I donated a full car load to my friend Jean in Prescott for runs "Everyone's Place"...this is such a worthwhile organization for training the homeless for job, and upcycling household items for resale.  I am always so pleased when I can donate my goods or my time to such wonderful endeavors.

This 2nd bedroom used to have two big shelving units full of card trays and paper projects, and the little twin bed was stacked with quilts, totes and sewing projects.  The sewing things are now tucked away in a closet on one of the shelves, and the card trays are in the closet in the refurb'd bedroom.  




Riley has taken up residence in both the new craft room and now the new recycled bedroom.  Here he is.... lazing on the new bed.   Below he is keeping guard on my two Cricut machines and the Cuttlebug.... This is a little cubbyhole I keep just for him. He can curl up and snooze or he can look out the window onto the patio and keep watch over Sweetie Pie and Meow Meow, the porch cats who do not belong to me but nonetheless have resided on my back porch for about 2 years.  They have comfy chairs, a ceiling fan on the patio, and two nice meals a day.... Sweetie will let me pet her but she does not like to be held.  Poor Meow Meow is a fraidy-cat and he will not let me near him.  At least now he only scurries to the end of the porch when I am setting out the food instead of scampering across the yard and up on the fence.  
I am so thrilled to have my long-dreamed-about crafty room where all of my craft passions are in one room instead of scattered all over my house...and it is a delight to have two full bedrooms available again should company come my way. 


Thanks for taking this tour.... I am thankful for the results, and very glad that it all is finished because Carole is a very tired lady.

5 comments:

Margie said...

WONDERFUL, Carole! WOW, what a great feeling it must be to have everything in it's place!

Sandi said...

oh boy I have a guest room to come to, tell Riley to move over, ROFL, it looks so comfy Carole, beautiful colors, enjoy it friend, hugs

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Carole, I just love your new space! Everything looks beautiful! Oh my goodness, I enjoy seeing Riley! What a sweetheart!!! I hope you're not too tired to enjoy your new space! Beautiful! Enjoy it all my wonderful friend!

DonnaMundinger said...

I'll be right over for a visit, Chickie! Looks FABULOUS! I know how excited you are and I'm thrilled for you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1CardCreator said...

I am so happy for you Carole, you really deserve to have such a beautiful and grand room to do you crafts in. The bedrooms look gorgeous too, love the colors!